Lake Brantley High School Athletics Hall of Fame
Nomination Form and Information
A Ticket to the Hall of Fame Dinner
The intent of the Athletics Hall of Fame is to display to students and the community the athletic accomplishments of individuals who have been instrumental in creating an extraordinary athletic tradition at Lake Brantley High School.
The completed nomination form and support materials should be sent to:
Lake Brantley High School Athletic Department
Attn: Jerri Kelly, Athletic Director
Lake Brantley High School
991 Sand Lake Road
Altamonte Springs, FL 32714
Male or Female Student-Athletes representative of any sport “recognized” or “sanctioned” through the state high school association and offered through the athletic program of Lake Brantley High School.
Must have excelled at high school athletics. Greatest consideration is given to athletes who achieved:
1 st Team All-State (or higher honor) in one sport.
2 nd or 3rd team All-State selections in multiple sports.
Individual state championships.
Sportsmanship, Leadership, and Contributions to overall success of team.
Must have graduated from Lake Brantley High School 10-years previous of nomination. Must have competed within the Lake Brantley High School athletic program a minimum of one full season.
Multi-sport participation receives greater consideration than one-sport athletes.
Must have been in good academic standing as a student and continue to be a citizen in good standing to be considered.
Greater consideration is given to athletes who participated in college, professional, or Olympic athletic team/events.
- Must be retired from coaching and teaching.
- Career record, wins and losses taken into consideration.
- Years coaching, with an emphasis on longevity, are taken into consideration.
- Championships won by teams they coached are taken into consideration.
- Special honors, such as FACA Coach of the Year, FHSAA recognition, professional organization recognition, and local recognition are taken into consideration.
- Other contributions to the school or sport within the district, conference, and state are taken into consideration.
- Greatest consideration given to teams that have won a state championship.
- Consideration also will be given to other highly successful teams, including those that won district and region championships or finished seasons with an undefeated record and competed in state series competition.
- A maximum of (2) teams may be considered for recognition by the committee in any given year.
- All “Team Recognition” will not occur until 10-Years have passed from accomplishment.
- One – Individual will be the “Spokesperson” for the any team receiving recognition (all members are “invited” to events and banquet but must pay all fees associated).
- In order to qualify as a special award candidate, individuals must have displayed exceptional loyalty, pride, and dedication in the tradition of the Lake Brantley High School athletic program and must have made significant contributions to that program for periods in excess of 5 Years. (Examples include…School Administrators, Athletic Boosters, Team Volunteers, and Team Managers)…Nominees should no longer be “a paid associate” within the athletic program at Lake Brantley High School.
- A maximum of (2) “Special Contributors may be recognized in one year (the 2 with most votes).
- Consideration also shall include those deceased candidates who are nominated from the above groups.