2020 Seniors ONLY
- To date, we have received no information from the Office of Student Financial Assistance (OSFA) indicating any variance in the eligibility requirements for the Bright Futures Scholarships due to COVID-19.
- Students have until August 30 following high school graduation to complete the Florida Financial Aid Application. The Lake Brantley School Counselors invited all students in the Class of 2020 to the Media Center and Patriot Lab on October 21. 2019 to complete the Florida Financial Aid Application which includes the Bright Futures Scholarship program. If you completed the FFAA at that time, there is no other "Bright Futures application" required. If you did not complete the application and need to, go to http://www.lakebrantley.com/student-services/bright-futures.stml for directions.
- Students "must complete their service hours during high school and by high school graduation". Presently, the date of graduation is June 12, 2020. If graduation is moved to July 17, we will accept your documentation of community service hours prior to July 17. Service hours cannot be accepted indefinitely and it would be best practice to meet the June 12 deadline if possible. Students who need additional time to complete their service hours should communicate with their LBHS School Counselor before June 1.
- Students are asked to email legible photographed or scanned copies of their community service paperwork to the School Counselor. This should include the Community Service Application, the Community Service Log forms, and a one-page reflective essay. If you are unable to obtain signed copies of our forms due to limitations created by COVID-19 , reach out to your School Counselor with the documentation that you do have and together we will put our heads together to come up with the evidence or verification needed.
- Community service documentation submitted after February 1, 2020 will not be acknowledged by Bright Futures until the school district uploads transcripts June 2nd and 3rd. Transcripts are submitted to OSFA three times a year by the school district: September, February, and June.
- All students whose final transcripts are submitted by SCPS June 2nd/3rd will receive an award status notification posted to their online account at https://www.floridastudentfinancialaidsg.org/SAPHome/SAPHome.
- Students who submit their community service hours after June 1st must ask LBHS to re-send their final transcript to OSFA.
- Additional Information can be found in the Bright Futures Student Handbook.
All other students needing to do community service hours must follow the LBHS procedures below:
- Obtain the application (available below or in building 5 counseling office)
- Complete the application (be sure all signatures are on it)
- Bring the completed application to your school counselor for approval (you can drop it off, no need to schedule an appointment)
- Once your counselor has approved the application, you will receive the application and a log form back to track your hours. Once the student is complete with ALL of their hours (30, 75 or 100) they are to bring the application, log forms AND a 1 page typed reflection essay (outlined in the application) to your counselor for submission.
SCPS has changed their community service policies and procedures. For the most updated information please visit the district site visit the District's Student Volunteer Service Page.
Below are some helpful websites where students can search for local community service opportunities: