Summer/Fall 2020 SSC Dual Enrollment Remote Registration
Summer Dual Enrollment is closed to new applications. Current Dual Enrollment students may register for Summer B term courses. Use this link Enrollment Registration to view the online registration form and use this link, Summer Textbook Information to get information about textbooks. Email the completed registration form to Denise Winterstein, LBHS School Counselor.
Fall 2020 Dual Enrollment Information
The Governor signed an executive order on May 13, 2020. "The testing requirement for student eligibility for initial enrollment in college credit dual enrollment courses taken through December 31, 2020 provided in section 1007.271(3) is suspended." Students must still meet the 3.0 unweighted, cumulative, high school GPA requirement to take academic coursework. Students will be permitted to register for ENC1101, English Comp. 1 (and other classes that require English 1 placement) and MAT1033, Intermediate algebra without test scores. Students who want to take a higher level math will be required to provide math test scores to show they are ready for a higher level of math. The Accuplacer will still be available for students who want to take the math portion of the test and of course SSC will still accept qualifying SAT, ACT, or PERT scores if the student has them. See below for information on how to take the Accuplacer remotely with SSC.
UPDATED: Below are the alternate placement methods used to determine college readiness. If you are interested in taking any of the classes listed you must now meet the placement requirement.
1. Math Requirements
- MAT 1033 eligibility - completion of Algebra 2 and a minimum 3.0 unweighted GPA in HS-level math courses or completion of Geometry with at least a 3.5 unweighted GPA in HS-level math courses.
- MAC 1105, MGF 1106, MGF 1107, or STA 2023 eligibility – completion of Algebra 2, and minimum 3.5 unweighted GPA in HS-level math courses
- MAC 1114, MAC 1140, MAC 1147, or MAC 2233 eligibility - completed a HS math course higher than Algebra 2 (not math for college readiness) and a minimum 3.5 unweighted GPA in HS-level math courses
- MAC 2311 eligibility - completion of college-level prerequisite courses
2. English Requirements
ENC 1101 eligibility – completion of HS English Courses with a minimum 3.0 unweighted GPA in English courses
ENC 1102 eligibility – completion of college-level prerequisite courses
Steps for New Dual Enrollment Applicants:
***Returning DE students start at Step 3.
Students seeking to start Dual Enrollment with Seminole State FALL 2020 or later must complete the SSC DE Application and email it to email@example.com . Download the form, save it and then when you open it on your computer you should be able to edit (sign & fill) the form. Be sure to save it once completed before emailing it. Deadline for new fall applications is July 30, 2020
Upon receipt of SSC id#, student will go to my.seminolestate.edu, click "Create MySCC Student Account" in the login box, fill in the blank fields and click "Save". This is where you will view Accuplacer scores and all course records, including grades. Go to Student Welcome for the step by step guide to getting started at Seminole State and learn about policies and procedures as well as campus activities.
- Go to www.seminolestate.edu , hover your mouse over Academics, then "Search Courses". Additional resources include the Dual Enrollment High School Subject Area Equivalency List and the Popular Dual Enrollment Courses. Send your counselor the LBHS Dual Enrollment Request Form indicating what courses you plan to take at SSC. You may take up to nine credit hours each term.
- After researching courses with your LBHS school counselor and obtaining counselor approval, complete the SSC Enrollment Svc Registration Form and email it to firstname.lastname@example.org AFTER July 1st.
SSC sends the student email confirmation of course registration after July 7. Student is to forward registration confirmation (copy of schedule) via email to their LBHS school counselor.
Prior to SSC classes starting on August 24, students will need to have an 868 Book Form completed and signed by the principal/counselor to obtain books for their Dual Enrollment course(s). Counselors will be available for follow up dual enrollment questions after July 27th.
* Please email your completed 868 Book Form to your School Counselor after July 27th.
March 26-June 22
March 26-June 22
SSC Remote Placement Testing
- Students must have a Seminole State Student ID number and must be active for a future term prior to requesting remote testing.
- Students must complete the top portion of the Accuplacer Virtual Testing Form and email it to email@example.com. Students will be notified by email once the request has been approved and a voucher number will be provided.
- A test proctor will observe you while you take the Accuplacer via Zoom video conference.
- Accuplacer scores will appera in the MTSSC system within the next 24 hours. Once test scores are posted in the system; testing holds will be removed.