LBHS is a PBS Golden Model School
- We are the ONLY school in Seminole County to receive this award (Elementary, Middle, or High)!
- What is a Golden Model School?
- Gold-Level Schools report all of the characteristics of Bronze- and Silver-Level schools, implement with the highest levels of fidelity, and have developed systems of support at Tiers 2 and 3. Gold-Level schools exceed their peers in both the quality and depth of implementation across all three tiers of support. Practices that are consistent with positive behavior support are evident in decision making, and steps are taken to ensure PBS: MTSS systems are supported. Positive outcomes for students are evident at Tier 1, Tier 2, and Tier 3 levels of behavior support.
PBS stands for Positive Behavior Support
- A process for creating safer and more effective schools
- Focuses on improving the entire school system through school-wide expectations
- Applies to everyone within the school setting, including all students, staff, and family members
Focus of PBS:
- To create environments that help students to achieve success
- To understand why problem behaviors are occurring in order to address them effectively through data-driven and research-based principles
- To prevent problem behaviors, teach appropriate behaviors, and acknowledge the appropriate behaviors of all students, staff, and family members.