Mental Health Resources

Seminole County Public Schools is dedicated to the physical and mental wellness of all students. Seminole County Public Schools provides mental health services through school psychologists, school social workers, and district mental health counselors. Mental Health Services (SCPS video)

Student made Mental Health Video: Mental Health Video

How do I know if my student is experiencing a mental health concern?

  • Changes in mood or behavior
  • Reports of anxiety or excessive worry
  • Feelings of sadness or hopelessness
  • Lack of interest in activities
  • Difficulty concentrating or completing tasks
  • Changes in sleep or eating
  • Isolating themselves from family and peers
  • Conflict with other students or adults in their life
  • Impact on their performance at school or extracurricular activities

What are some steps can I take if I am concerned my student has mental health concern?

  • Talk to your child's pediatrician about your concerns
  • Notify your student's school counselor of these concerns.
  • Contact SCPS' Mental Health Program Specialist at 407-320-2005

What supports does SCPS have that can support my student?

  • School Counselors: School Counselors can help refer students to appropriate internal and community resources. They are also available for crisis intervention and support.
  • School Social Workers: School social workers can assist a family in accessing community resources for a variety of needs including housing, food, clothing, and medical needs. They also are able to meet with students one on one or in groups to provide counseling services related to educational goals.
  • District Mental Health Counselors: The District Mental Health Counselors are available to help family's navigate mental health needs including connecting families to mental health supports in the community. They are also available to provide one on one counseling for students who are appropriate for school-based services.

Ask for help: Don't be afraid to let your friends, family, or teachers know what you need when they ask; they want to help. You can also call the National Suicide Prevention Lifeline any time — calls are confidential.

National Suicide Prevention Lifeline 1-800-273-TALK (8255) Click here to view Video

Contact 211 anytime for help- 24/7 crisis hotline open

Awkward Silence Video

During school hours, reach out to your student's School Counselor if you have concerns about their mental health and wellbeing. 

Website by SchoolMessenger Presence. © 2024 SchoolMessenger Corporation. All rights reserved.