Financial Aid Information Night : Thursday September 29, 2022 @ 6:00 pm in our Performing Arts Center
Our financial aid information night is intended for parents/students of grades 9-11. We will have the TRiO Connections for Central Florida team to cover general information regarding Financial Aid and our Brantley counselors will discuss the Bright Futures Scholarship information. There will be time for Q&A's at the end of the presentation. Please arrive a few mintues early so we can start on time.
One & Done Lab Night: LBHS student services will host our first event of the year on October 4th from 5:30-7:00 pm in our media center
Class of 2023- if you need help completing your Financial Aid application, need to complete the Seminole State College Application and/or need to register to vote, you are going to want to attend this event. We will have representatives from TRiO, SSC and the League of Women Voters on hand to help students and their parents complete these important applications. Make sure you bring all necessary documents and people (parent/guardian) with you to this event.
Lake Brantley Student Services started our One & Done lab night in the Spring of 2019. The idea was to organize an event where parents and students of seniors can come and get assistance completing their financial aid application, apply for admission with Seminole State College and register to vote. Each of these events will be held in our media center and do require that the student and parent/guardian attend together.
Financial Aid Documents and Presentations:
Bright Futures Initial Eligibility Document -FL DOE document that covers the Bright Futures Initial Eligibility presentation (50 page pdf file)
FL DOE Financial Aid Overview -29 page pdf overview of Financial Aid
E-News February-April/May - Newsletter for High School Students
For completion of the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA), you will need:
- Student create an FAFSA ID (https://fsaid.ed.gov/npas/index.htm)
- Parent create an FSA ID (https://fsaid.ed.gov/npas/index.htm)
- 2023-2024 FAFSA (Fall 2023, Spring 2024, Summer 2024), please bring 2021 tax information or other records of money earned.
- 2022-2023 FAFSA (Summer 2023), please bring 2020 tax information or other records of money earned.
- Student and Parent social security number/Tax ID Number (TIN)/Alien Registration Number
- Student and Parent email address (must be different)
- Student and Parent phone number
- Marital Status
- Date of marriage or marital status change
Other Finanical Aid Events
You can reach out to the TRIO team if you would like to schedule an individual appointment.
TRIO Connections of Central Florida
Follow Trio on FaceBook using this link: https://www.facebook.com/SSCTRIOConnections/photos/?ref=page_internal
Other helpful websites are:
- FL State Programs - Bright Futures and more
- Create your FAFSA ID - Creating your FAFSA ID is required when completing your FAFSA
- Official FAFSA website - Website to complete your Financial Aid Application for College
- Undocumented Students
- Resources for Undocumented Students
- Common Financial Aid Mistakes
- Navigating Your Financial Future - Created by The Florida Department of Education, Office of Student Financial Assistance (OSFA) to strengthen financial skills of young adults through financial aid awareness and literacy education.
- In Like Me - The College Admissions & Student Aid resource Hub
- Guide to helping families complete the FAFSA
The College Board is awarding $5 Million in scholarship money to the class of 2022. There is no GPA or family income requirement. CB Opportunity Scholarship Video
Florida Universities Merit Scholarship & Financial Aid
- University of Central Florida
- University of Florida
- Florida State University
- University of North Florida
- Florida Atlantic University
- Florida Gulf Coast University
- Florida Polytechnic University
- University of South Florida
- Florida International University
- Florida A&M
- Seminole State College
- Santa Fe College
- Tallahassee Community College
- Valencia Community College